- 4 Flour tortillas
- 1 small container of plain hummus
- Olive oil (a lot)
- lettuce shredded
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 2 cups shredded mexican cheese
- 1 can pinto beans
- 2 tspn garlic powder
- Warm the pinto beans and garlic powder in a small pot.
- Pour about a 1/2″ layer of olive oil into a deep pan and warm on medium heat.
- Lay the tortillas flat and s pread the hummus on evenly to one side.
- Roll the tortillas up, and then gently flaten them so they aren’t round, but still rolled.
- When the oil is hot, throw the rolled up tortillas and hummus in (basically deep-fry them). When you are fying them the loose tortilla end might pop open, but this is okay, it’s actually better to fry it so there is a “flap” open to put the toppings in.
- Brown the tortillas on each side until crispy, remove from oil and set on a paper towel. You can even put them in a toster oven to keep them warm while you’re cooking the others.
- Top with avocado slices, lettuce, tomato, and cheese.
Serve with the pinto beans on the side. Makes 2 plates.