- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 3/4 cup + 1/4 cup unsweetened soy milk, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice or 1 lemon, juiced, optional
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt and pepper
- dash cayenne pepper or Cajun spice
- dash dry mustard
- dash turmeric
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a small sauce pan, melt 2 tablespoons margarine. Stir in 3/4 cup nondairy milk, lemon juice (you may leave lemon out if you prefer the sauce to be more creamy and not have a kick), nutritional yeast, sea salt, pepper, cayenne or Cajun, dry mustard, and turmeric.
- Mix the tablespoon of cornstarch with the soy milk you had set aside until all lumps are gone.
- Add this mixture to the sauce, and bring to boil. Keep stirring consistently as sauce will thicken quickly.
- Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
thank you for sharing this recipe. sunday mornings are worth living again.